How to Prepare for New Rental Bookings in Madeira after COVID 19
How to Prepare for New Rental Bookings in Madeira after COVID 19?
Keep Your Property Clean
COVID-19 is an unknown virus at the moment therefore not much is known about how the virus can live on surfaces. According to the World Heath Organisation, coronavirus may survive on surfaces anywhere between a few hours to several days. This means we cannot be certain but considering hygiene is a critical element in every Madeira rental company. Until the virus is more understood it’s better to be safe. This means wiping down any surfaces that are often touched is essential. What we do know is that scientists are confident that most household cleaners can kill the virus.
Tips for ensuring your rental property in Madeira meets the necessary hygiene requirements:
- The common rooms for COVID-19 is in the kitchen and the toilet (people are more likely to cough, sneeze or touch there mouth or nose in these rooms). Make sure your cleaning focuses on these areas, wiping down each surface with a recommended disinfectant cleaner.
- Use disposable cloths or towels as much as possible or wash reusable materials at 60 degrees Celsius after use.
- Disinfect brushes and sponges with detergent and warm/hot water frequently.
- Also common hot-spots are doors and drawer handles. Evidence suggests COVID-19 can be transmitted more easily from hard surfaces like handles.
- If possible promote the use by providing free hand sanitizer and soap to your guests.
Educate everyone that is entering the rental property about the hotspots and ensure they follow guidelines and wash their hand regularly.
Self check-in and check-out
The best way forward is to limit exposure, therefore we recommend that you implement technology to facilitate self check-in and check-out. One easy and cost-effective way to do this is with digital or online guidebooks. Create a guide for your property and email it to the renters in advance. They will find it useful and informative. An online guidebooks are also easy to change, so you can modify them with regional advice regarding COVID-19 if anything should change in your area.